Friday, July 8, 2011

Nami Island

Back in ::ahem:: February... I went with the hiking group to visit Nami Island. This little island is not much in the winter but it was still fun to see. I took my very first ZIP line to the island while the rest of the group went on the little ferry across. A famous Korean soap opera was filmed here called Winter Sonata and as you walk around you can see photo's and statues devoted to the show. I love that you can rent bikes and ride around the entire island in less than a half hour. The island is named after a General who died at the age of 28 and his grave site is actually on the Island. They promote recycling and even in their gift shops you can buy reused Soju bottle that have been turned into lamps or coasters. It's defenatly a fun place to visit and I can't wait to go back in the fall so see the all beautiful colors!
Enjoy!


Thanks Gerta for this one of me! :)




































 We road the ferry back to the main land.







<3 V

No comments: